Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Glorious Fall! Week 22

I always look forward to the beginning of fall, but this year especially. With the pregnancy, the heat wears on me so much more than usual. In the past couple of weeks, not only has it been hot in my house, it's been hot at my office. I don't feel much like cooking, I don't feel much like eating and being productive goes out the window as I sit on the couch with a bowl of ice. This past long weekend in Washington DC was a wonderful, HOT goodbye to summer. We walked all over the Smithsonian and the Mall, ate an incredible amount of good food and got to hang out with far-away friends. We had such a good time that Brian and I are determined to go back for trip when I don't have to carry Caleb around the entire time.

We came home to an 81 degree apartment and threw open all the windows to the 65 degree air outside. By morning, it was 73 in the apartment. The middle school kids were shrieking their hellos across the street, a sure sign that summer is over, finite, the end. I want to make squash, farro, braised pork, roasted chicken, chili, soup, Brussels sprouts, kale. The a/c is working in my office again. The chill is coming and I want to buy tiny socks and hats for our winter baby. I feel like a million dollars.

22 weeks pregnant in the fall morning light.


The garden at the end of summer. Still coming in are cucumbers, eggplants and tomatoes. The peppers are picked and done. The Brussels sprouts are coming along nicely and I'll plant three kinds of kale this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment