Wednesday, July 24, 2013

16 weeks

Sixteen weeks pregnant, and it feels like a lull. Minimal symptoms, teensy bump that's not apparent in most outfits, not really feeling the baby yet. I thought I was last week, but now I'm thinking that was mostly tummy feelings. However, I won't complain. Sleeping through the night sometimes is nice and I know once I start feeling the baby move, it won't stop and then it'll start kicking me in the ribs. I'm grateful our short Midwest heat wave is over. My pale Welsh skin and body temperament doesn't play well with 90 degree heat, especially while pregnant. I spent two evenings at my parents' house last week, because one, I truly enjoy seeing my parents, but two, they have central a/c. And snacks. And I am ALL about the snacks right now.
Tiny bump. Apparent to those who know I'm pregnant. I'm sure everyone else thinks I eat a dozen doughnuts for breakfast or something.

The garden exploded this week, too, thanks to the heat and the fertilizer we put down. 

Unlike the baby, our garden is having fertility issues. We finally figured out that the cucumber and squash aren't getting pollinated. We looked up videos on how to self-pollinate and marched out, determined to get our cucumbers laid, only find out that we don't have any boy cucumber flowers! And our squash seems to be producing only boy flowers, no female plants with veggies attached. It's frustrating seeing as how we only have so much real estate in our little garden...

Peppers! These are Johnny Nardellos, an heirloom sweet red pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment