Monday, January 6, 2014

Due Date Holiday!

I'm calling today my Baby Holiday. It's Baby Caleb's due date, and he's not here yet, but I've got the day off work due to the -15 degree weather. Brian and I were lazy, lazy, lazy all weekend. We saw good friends who are off to a new adventure, he got to see the newest baby in our crowd (Caleb's the last of the 2013 Baby Boom), we had a very delicious brunch with my parents, then sat around in our comfy clothes watching a mix of football, basketball, Sons of Anarchy and Alias. We did not do anything on our to-do list: laundry, etc, but we keep telling ourselves "Soon, we will have no more lazy days. The baby will be here and sitting on the couch not doing anything for 6 hours won't exist." One of the many things I love about our marriage is our ability to let go and not worry if we're not super productive for a day. So I'm celebrating Caleb's due date with breakfast, baking and more TV marathons. Soon it'll all be different...
Pecan pancakes, maple syrup warming, the last of the June strawberries bubbling away.

Chocolate chip pancakes, strawberries, toasted coconut

No comments:

Post a Comment