They say you can't schedule babies and I'm guessing 98% of the time "they're" correct. However, tomorrow I'll be 10 days post-due and this baby is scheduled for an induction. (Watch, I'll publish this post and immediately go into labor.) I've had Braxton-Hicks contractions for weeks now, and they've been more regular and intense for the past week. However, they only show up during the day- at night I go to sleep, sleep all night, and we start the progress all over again the next day. I had been truly hoping for a very natural labor experience- Brian and I planned on laboring at home as long as possible (my doctor originally told me to "come in when it hurts"), and I was hoping for no medical interceptions- pitocin, drugs, etc. Originally I was even hoping to talk the nursing staff out of giving me an I.V. line "just in case." But tomorrow we'll head for the hospital at 7am and start pitocin to jumpstart the process. I'm holding out hope that at some point my body will take over and we'll be able to stop the drugs and just let things progress naturally.
I'm trying to focus on how awesome it will be to bring home Caleb this weekend. We're ready to start taking care of him and seeing how life works as a family of three.
You're gonna be awesome, Mama! I'm not worried about you sleeping tonight, just make sure your beloved spouse gets a little shut eye :)
ReplyDelete